Speak English

Speak English

Senin, 06 Mei 2013

Educational Statistics

I'm not good in Math.

I decided to study in English Education program some years ago since I imagined that I would not meet any subject  related to Math. In the first, second, third, and fourth semester I was right. I didn't meet it. However, in my fifth semester, everything changed. I met Math again although in different subject title: Statistics. 


At that time, my beloved lecturer, Mr. Ngadiso, taught us to know more about Statistics manually. We counted every single formula using scientific calculator. We used to write the question delivered in English. So, you can imangine, guys, when we have to write the formula the square root of X exponent two bla bla bla and so on ^_^. It was very hard but I tried to understand it from the bottom of my heart. 

In the end of the class, I was so dissapointed by my own score. I only got 2,5 (C) on this subject. I thought I was unlucky. In learning it, I used to invite my friends to my boarding house to study together about it and I even became the first person who did the assignment, why did I just get C? Yes, I always did my assignment before the others and some of my friends copied my work. One of my friends didn't know how to use calculator, and even I told her how to apply the formula in it. Guess what? She got even a higher score than me. The only fault I made was when it was the final test on Statistics, I didn't have my previous worksheets with me. Meanwhile, some of my friends had the copies of my works. I knew this was my own mistake and I could not blame anyone about this. This was my carelessness. I was not tidy enough in managing my own papers. :'(



Now, I decide to study again in the graduate program of English Education, the same program as I took for my undergraduate program. Now, I meet Statistics again. I find that it is easier now since we can apply Microsoft Excel in doing every single formula. Sometimes, I feel confused because I don't know how to apply it in a real research. However, it doesn't matter since I meet my former lecturer again, Mr. Ngadiso, who is very kind. ^_^

I don't wanna fail again in Statistics. Not now. I have to be able to get a better score (than my score in the undergraduate program)

Have a nice day.
Primanda ^_^

2 komentar:

  1. Hmm,,,great experience and let's have a great another experience in post graduate program,,,

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you Mas Yohanes Arif...
      Let's do the best in our study :)

      Hapus