Speak English

Speak English

Rabu, 18 April 2012

Do You Like "Mie"?


Several years ago, I went to Malioboro with my mom. We saw many things in some store there. Being hungry, we came to a food court. I ordered fried noodle and meatball for my mom. We saw a foreigner sitting alone. He was eating a plate of fried noodle. My mom told me that she would give me a book as present if I could invite him to have a chat with me. I came to his table carefully.

"Excuse me, do you like mie?" I said.

He looked so confused and answered "Pardon?"

"Do you like mie?" I repeated my question slowly.

"Yes, of course I like you, sweet girl. Specially, because you are brave enough to ask me whether I like you."

I was a little bit confused with his long answer. In the next second, I was surprised. It wasn't the answer that I hoped.

"No......! Not me..........but mie!" I said while pointing to his noodle.

"Oh... this is called noodle" he said slowly and calmly.

From that moment on, I knew that the English word for mie is noodle.


*** Pay attention to the bold words in different color.
What tense is being applied here?





Answer: The Simple Past Tense

1 komentar:

  1. Titanium-Arts and Tools - Titsanium Arts
    Use ion titanium hair color your best in class with Titsanium Arts. Titsanium Arts supplies quality tools for a wide range micro touch hair trimmer of projects in titanium max trimmer the industry. titanium aftershokz Titsanium Arts implant grade titanium earrings has a great

    BalasHapus